Wednesday, December 1, 2010

As if the great divide could swallow me whole - Nineteen

[Jasey's P.O.V]

I woke up to the blur of fluorescent hospital lights shining strongly onto my face, making my head throb awfully. My arm was attached to an IV and I had oxygen tubes attached to my nostril. I put my hand to my cheek and felt a giant scrape that surprised me and made me jump a little in my bed.

How the fuck did I end up here? And where was here? I tried to think back, but it was like a black hole was imprinted into my memory. All I wanted was to see Mickey, to hug him and let him know that I was okay. He must be so worried about me.

As I straightened myself up in my hospital bed, I saw Taylor run through the doors with a nurse right behind him with a hesitant and annoyed look on her face.

"Fuck," he said as he looked at me before grabbing my hand a little too affectionately, making a frown appear on my face, "Thank God you're okay."

"Taylor what happened? Where's Mickey?" I asked, completely lost and almost scared.

Shock came accross Taylor's face and he looked crestfallen. I didn't understand, I looked back and forth from him and the nurse frantically trying to piece together what couldve happened to me.

[Taylor's P.O.V]

As soon as she asked me where Mickey was it hit me like a bus. She didn't remember anything. The past year was wiped from her memory. I looked at the nurse in panic, told Jasey I would be right back, and let go of her hand, leaving her there with the most lost expression on her face.

"Have you done tests on her yet?" I asked the nurse while we were out in the hallway.

"Not yet, Mr. Hall." The nurse looked dismayed, "She seems to just have woken up from her coma, we'll start running tests as soon as possible."

"I think she may have lost her memory." I said shortly, a huge sigh escaping my lips as I felt them tremble. She can't go through all this with Mickey again. She was just starting to get back up on her feet.

"Oh dear." The nurse looked around uncomfortably, "I'll get a doctor to check her out immediately, for now please take a seat in the waiting room, we'll let you know as soon as we have the results.

Tears were starting to prominently form in my eyes as I looked back through the glass door at the love of my life looking hopeless and confused in her hospital bed, all hooked up to these machines like some sort of science experiment.

She didn't remember. She didn't remember everything I had helped her through, how happy we were for a little while, me telling her I love her. None of it. All that we fought through together. The thing that crushed me the most was she didn't remember how much I cared.

I felt my heart shattering as I turned away from the room and headed to the waiting room where I would sit and wait for hours until news finally came.
Posted from Blogium for iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Awwww poor Taylor! I can only imagine what they're both going through. Great update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my God. I really do hope that Jasey is going to be okay. She does not need to be going through all of this suffering, that's for sure.

    Aw, Taylor. I feel so freaking bad for him; he loves her so much, but what they had is erased from her memory. I really want to know what's going to happen when he has to tell her about Mickey; I honestly think I might cry when that happens.

    Great update. Can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete